This box recently arrived at my doorstep.
I have owned a set of Calphalon cookware for over ten years and so when I was offered an opportunity to review a piece of their Contemporary line, I jumped at the chance. My existing set is used day in and day out and many memories have been created in those pots and pans. I chose the 8.5 quart dutch oven because of it’s wide base. I could easily envision soups, spaghetti sauce, chicken, and veggies being prepared. I won’t lie – I was also pretty excited that this product line can go into the dishwasher; something my current pots and pans aren’t able to do. Hmmm- I wonder what I could do with a few more minutes?
It didn’t take long before the pan was out of it’s box, washed and ready to be put to work. I created a soup recipe that can be made quickly (please see below). I also made sweet potatoes cooked in apple juice and spices which left a sticky mess. My husband used it during Thanksgiving to sauté green beans and is looking forward to trying them on his artichokes. Each and every time the pan came out sparkling clean from the dishwasher.
Here are a few other positive things I jotted down while I was using the pan.
1. Love the deepness of pan – no splatters when sautéing onions or when the additional ingredients are added. This meantt less to clean up on my stove top.
2. Lots of cooking surface allowing the ingredients to be spread out which created a quicker cooking time.
3. Handles do not get warm when using on stove top.
4. Clean in dishwasher — really – really – like.
5. Nonstick surface – a very small amount of oil is needed.
It is always a good idea to use our time wisely. My dad has a saying “Work Smart – Not Hard”. It’s important to have the correct tools for the job to make that saying possible in our lives. I believe quality cookware is one of the best investments we can make.
(Note: This post includes a chance to win your own dutch over. Enter using the rafflecopter at the bottle of this post. It’s not going to run long – just a week.)
This soup is nutritious – delicious – and goes together quickly because it starts with a pre made soup which provides a creaminess and spices that are already built in. I am always looking for recipes that work well during busy times. It can be made with as many vegetables as you want and of course, meat is always optional.
- 1 box of Imagine Organic Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 box Pacific Organic Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 large onion - chopped or 1 Tbsp of onion powder
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chicken, diced (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayene pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- cilantro for garnish
- Can be added for more vegetable goodness
- 2 turnips, chopped
- 2 medium zuchinni, chopped
- 3/4 cup of frozen peas
- *Optional items are in ( )
- In a dutch oven, heat olive oil over low-medium heat. Add onion and sauté until transparent. Add the carrot, green pepper, (turnip) and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add celery, (chicken) and (zucchini). Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add in sweet potato soup, chicken broth and spices. Heat to light boil.
- Add in (frozen peas).
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare veggies earlier.
- Frozen veggies can be used.
Let’s get this puppy in the dishwasher.
So you may be wondering what did I spend the extra time I gained by not washing my dutch oven – I got started on a project that I’ve wanted to try – a no sew stenciled burlap pillow.
If you’d like to enter a chance to win your own Calphalon Nonstick 8.5 Quart Dutch Oven (approx value $100.00) please enter below. The winner will be chosen randomly on Monday, December 9 so last day to enter will be December 8. I will then contact the winner requesting their mailing address which I will share with Calphalon so they can ship out the product.
As part of your entry – please answer this question. What would you do during the time you could save?
Much thanks to Calphalon for allowing me to test out and enjoy this fine product but also for their generosity in providing one of my readers this quality piece of cookware.
Ready to Enter….Click below
Deliciously Inspired was not compensated for this post, I did receive a sample product for the purposes of review. This did not influence my review or my opinions. My views are 100% my own. The winner will be chosen through the rafflecopter form which uses Random.org. Winner will be notified by email within 48 hours of contest end. Winner has 24 hours to respond to the email. Failure to respond will result in a new winner being chosen. Open to US only.