I saw this idea and had to try it. Here was my list of Whys?
- I could incorporate organic popcorn
- I could incorporate gluten free pretzels
- I could incorporate raw nuts of my choice
- There was chocolate
- It was easy and a no bake recipe
- The finished product shouted FUN!
- And the number 1 reason – There were sprinkles involved.
So I went to my sprinkle drawer – don’t judge! You might be surprised to know how many times sprinkles has allowed me to look more together than I felt on a given day.
The recipe below is basic and add-ins could definitely be incorporated: mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, dried fruit cut up, shredded coconut, cinnamon, etc. But I wanted to keep mine in a less sweet mode so I stuck to 5 ingredients.
- Popped Organic Popcorn
- Raw Nuts, your choice (I used pecans)
- Gluten Free Pretzels, broke in small pieces
- White Chocolate Chips
- (There are no measurements - you decide how much of each ingredient you want to use)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place popcorn, pretzels, nuts on top of parchment paper.
- Place white chocolate chips in microwavable bowl and heat in 20-30 second intervals, stirring each time until smooth.
- Drizzle white chocolate using a spoon over the mixture on cookie sheet. (Note: if you would like a little more sweetness you can dip one side of some of the nuts or pretzels into white chocolate before you drizzle.)
- Then immediately (while chocolate is still warm) shake sprinkles on top, especially where the chocolate landed on the mixture.
- Place in freezer or refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Place mixture in bowl or individual bags for gifts and Enjoy!
I am adding this recipe to one my preschool grandchildren can help with in the kitchen.
You may be asking why I choice the colors of sprinkle I did. Well – I had one container that had a little of each color and this allowed me to empty the container – my contribution to downsizing a bit.
What would your selection of ingredients be if you made this?