I found this recipe as I was going through Pinterest late one night and am so glad I did because they take an old-time favorite and turn it into something even better.
If you have been following my blog for long – you know I like sprinkles and so I doctored these up with a little royal frosting and sprinkles.
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups of rice krispies
- 1/2 cup of vanilla cake mix - I used Pillsbury Gluten Free Funetti Mix
- Handful of sprinkles
- Extra Butter
- Royal Icing
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Melt marshmallows and butter over medium heat in large pan, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla, rice krispies and sprinkles and mix well.
- When mixture is cool enough to handle, butter your hands and form into ping pong size balls. Place on parchment paper. If mixture becomes hard to manage, rewarm slightly on stove.
- Mix up frosting ingredients and drizzle over top. Add more sprinkles.