This smoothie is the consistency of a Wendy’s frosty so it works well as a beverage but is also thick enough to be eaten with a spoon and could easily be a dessert. It will stay extra cold if you serve in a frosted cup.
- 1 1/2 cup of liquid (a mixture of filtered water, coconut water, unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/4 cup of frozen pineapple
- 1/4 cup of frozen mango
- 1/4 cup of frozen banana
- 1 serving of a good quality vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp of pure coconut extract
- 1/2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- Ice cubes as needed to thicken
- Blend ingredients until smooth and you reached desired consistency.
- Frozen fruit adds flavor and a thick consistency.
This post shows how I prep bananas and organize my smoothie supplies for making smoothies.
Hope you enjoy this beach-inspired smoothie. It is even the same color as sand – definitely didn’t plan that