This salad has so much flavor and texture and is a great way to use cooked lentils which is a wonderful source of protein and fiber. They are easy to cook and take only about 20 minutes.
- Salad greens (a selection of spinach, kale, or romaine)
- 1/2 orange - juiced
- 1/3 cup of cooked lentils
- 2 egg whites scrambled with 1 diced green onions
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste
- Place salad greens on a plate.
- Sprinkle with the orange juice
- Add cooked lentils into pan with scrambled egg mixture until lentils are warm and place on salad greens.
- Sprinkle with a bit of balsamic vinegar and season to taste.
Exciting News – 3/3/14 – This recipe was featured on the Thursday Blog Hop as one of the top clicked recipes – Way to go Breakfast Lentil Salad